June is here, finally! In 4 days I’ll be done with my second year of uni and in just 11 I’ll be heading out to sun it up in Italy with two of my bestest pals. I’ll be relieved for summer to be here so I can focus on doing things I love and just ignore uni and the impending dark cloud of final year for a bit… *shudders*. Anyway, May has been a beautiful month so I thought I’d share a little of what I’ve been up to
4 things that made me happy:
- The suuuuuunnn (no, not the newspaper). The sun is back! There’s nothing I love more than summer, even if I have been melting, and even if I do live in student accommodation and have no garden or anywhere to sit outside *sigh*. It just being bright makes me 10x happier.
- Manchester’s community spirit has blown me away since what happened at Ariana’s show. Watching a community pull together like this is phenomenal.
- I’m finally happy with my bullet journal set-up. Wahey! About time, isn’t it? You can read more about my updated set-up if you fancy it.
- I’m loving my new Instagram theme right now too. Such a silly thing but it makes me really happy – and a cheeky follow wouldn’t go amiss.
Read this month:
Giant Days Vol. 3 – John Allison | Giant Days Vol. 4 – John Allison | Nasty Women – edited by 404 Ink | Doing It! – Hannah Witton | The Loneliest Girl in the Universe – Lauren James | Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls by Elena Favilli and Francesca Cavallo
I can’t get enough of lifestyle bloggers at the moment. I see their posts on my Twitter feed constantly and just… click click click. #Heaven.
The Queens of blogging this month:
- My Top Tips for Getting a Tattoo by The Life of a Glasgow Girl. I’m getting some new tattoos next Tuesday and I’m so excited! This is definitely a great list of the DOs/DON’Ts for any first timers in particular.
- Why It Is Okay to Put Your Mental Health First, Over University by A Beautiful Chaos. Nicole is an insightful mental health blogger and all her posts are always insightful, but I loved this one in particular. Honest, raw and sobering.
- I’m a Half-Arsed Blogger and That’s Okay by Golly Miss Holly. Reassurance from one half-assed blogger to another.
- When It Comes to Menstruation, We Shouldn’t Be Flippant Anymore by Cattitude & Co. Dude, this is one seriously educational and important post on periods, menstruation and all that jazz. Give it a read!
Have you loved soaking up the May summer rays this month? What else have you been up to? Let me know!